Welcome to Las Vegas
Las Vegas Campaign
Welcome to our Dresden Files campaign set in Las Vegas. We played a twelve session campaign using the Dresden Files RPG system.
See the Home Page for a taste of this campaign’s vision of Las Vegas.
Two groups came to Las Vegas at the same time. They didn’t know each other, but both got tangled up in an illegal market selling “monsters” (actually Outsiders).
The first group were a ragtag band of minor talents and mortals who stole a copper disc and found themselves hunted.
The second group included two White Counsel wizards and their allies (a Venator agent and a werebear) sent to investigate strange happenings in Las Vegas.
Each sub-campaign had a separate story line, but the two story-lines complemented and intersected each other to tell a larger story, culminating in a two session climax that brought the two story lines together under the shadow of a Wild Hunt raging across Las Vegas.
The face of Las Vegas was changed irrevocably.
The Player Characters
“Street” Campaign (Feet in the Water)
- Giovanni la Figlio – Champion of God and guardian of John Anastas
- John Anastas (Giannis Anastasiou) – Easy-going psychometrist artifact-hunter
- Sean Byrne – “Clean-up” man who’s worked for many, including the mob and the White Court Vampires
- Mark Eden – Spiritually scarred practitioner driven to fight Outsiders
- Jerry – Amnesiac hell-hound hunted by his old fae master or mistress (the Wild Hunt?)
“City” Campaign (Submerged)
- Alois – Overconfident wizard in it for the money
- Daniel Hollister – Venator field agent in the Oblivion War
- Marcovic – Inexperienced, eager Warden
- Tom – Native American werebear emissary of a bear spirit
The Story So Far…
|ACT I:||The Copper Discs|
|1st “Street” Session||And So It Begins|
|2nd “Street” Session||Unwanted Attention|
|3rd “Street” Session||Family, Friends, and Psychotic Vampires|
|4th “Street” Session||To the Market We Go…|
|5th “Street” Session||Gambling with the Sun|
|ACT II:||Outsider Trafficking|
|1st “City” Session||Monster Ball|
|2nd “City” Session||The Hunt Begins|
|3rd “City” Session||Opening Volleys|
|4th “City” Session||Spiders and Zombies and Vampires, Oh My!|
|5th “City” Session||Busting the Trafficking Ring|
|ACT III:||A Perfect Storm|
|1st “Climax” Session||(Coming Soon…)|
|2nd “Climax” Session||(Coming Soon…)|
We borrowed heavily from several sources as inspiration for this campaign. The below list is not exhaustive:
- Last Call by Tim Powers inspired the Tower and the Warlock, as well as some of the thematic background elements in this version of Las Vegas
- The Twenty Palaces series by Harry Connolly inspired the idea of Outsider trafficking (I can’t recommend this series highly enough — seriously, check it out)
- The chapter on Last Vegas in the Paranet Papers supplement for Dresden Files RPG came out after the first campaign concluded, but there was a surprising amount of overlap and it inspired much of the 2017 campaign